Brand Ambassador Program
Want to make a difference in the lives of others and help give patients a second chance at life?
OtherHalf is looking for outstanding, enthusiastic post-secondary student leaders to take on the role of OtherHalf’s Brand Ambassador for a period of two academic terms (Fall 2014 and Winter 2015). If you are passionate about helping to save more Chinese patients’ lives by recruiting more optimal donors into the stem cell donor registry and consider yourself an effective communicator, a great team player, strategic thinker and an action-taker, we’d like to invite you to help champion the cause.
To be considered for the role of Brand Ambassador, the student must demonstrate passion and dedication to further OtherHalf’s cause within the Chinese Canadian youth demographics through planned drives and ongoing awareness events.
Upon completion of the program, the selected Brand Ambassador from each campus will be awarded an honorarium of up to $1,000. In addition, there is an opportunity for the top-performing Brand Ambassador who has demonstrated exceptional dedication to the cause and achieved stem cell drive targets through a well-thought strategy and successful awareness campaigns to be awarded an extra honorarium of up to $1,000.
Expectations & Responsibilities:
Your objective: To recruit committed Chinese Canadian donors between the ages of 17-35 (preferably males) to join the Canadian stem cell registry.
- Work as a project leader to formulate effective strategies to spread awareness and recruit optimal donors from your campus
- Form your own project team , and/or work strategically with relevant student groups to target Chinese Canadian students to achieve success at your campaigns
- Initiate and organize ongoing awareness campaigns on your campus
- Execute a minimum of one stem cell donor drive on your campus
- Lead the volunteer team for the campus awareness campaigns and stem cell drives
- Increase awareness of OtherHalf’s cause and planned activities on campus via social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, personal blogs etc.
- Be a spokesperson/representative of OtherHalf on campus to raise awareness of the cause in your peers
- Maintain regular communication with OtherHalf’s office
- Attend a mandatory orientation/training during mid-October (can join orientation through Skype)
- Actively participate in the Get Swabbed event organized by OneMatch Stem Cell and Marrow Network in Fall 2014
- Actively participate in meetings/conference calls with Brand Ambassadors from other campuses to work towards common goal
Requirements, Critical Skills and Qualifications:
- Enrolled as a full-time student at a Canadian post-secondary institution
- Preference will be given to students who have volunteered with OtherHalf in previous events
- Exceptional leadership skills, with strong personal drive to success and making a positive impact in the community
- Past experience with leadership positions and/or affiliation with any student clubs would be a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, self-motivated with dedication to further OtherHalf’s cause to the Chinese Canadian youth
- Excellent presentation and communication skills. A good understanding of the Chinese culture and/or having the ability to speak, read and/or write in Chinese a definite asset.
To apply, please submit your application form together with your resume by email to: [email protected]
In the subject heading, please write: “Brand Ambassador Program 2014-2015” and ensure that documents are sent in MS Word Compatible format.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Click here to download the form to be a Youth Ambassador in Vancouver.
Thanks for being involved with OtherHalf!